Featured Post

Show HN: LegendAI-Amazon Sales Tracker https://ift.tt/Qmk4XB9

Show HN: LegendAI-Amazon Sales Tracker Get Actual Not Estimate Amazon Product Data! Real-Time Amazon Sales and Data Insights. Get accurate s...

Monday, January 2, 2023

Show HN: Block positive reinforcement from HN with uBlock https://ift.tt/2UDRtSf

Show HN: Block positive reinforcement from HN with uBlock Inspired by the nytimes post "Luddites don't want your upvotes", and presumably being a Luddite myself, I have used uBlock to block my Karma score at the top of the page. I found myself (on old account) reflexively checking my Karma score and found myself responding emotionally to it. I do not like this. Positive reinforcement can be a dangerous thing! And negative reinforcement make me feel a bit crap. I'm going to post what I think is the right thing, votes be damned! However I do see the use of downvotes for getting rid of stupid comments and spam as a good thing. I see the use of down/upvotes for political ideologies as a bad thing. SO, I simply used uBlock to permanently block "Karma" across HN topbar. Simply go to uBlock icon, press Element Picker Mode (the eyedropper), select the Karma number, and select the Create button. Done. January 2, 2023 at 09:09AM

No comments:

Post a Comment